[opensuse-kde] KDE 4.5 Stable Repo
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 08:43:15 +0200
This is to hammer out the details of the stable KDE 4.5 repo

a) Naming

I don't think this should go under top level KDE: since we will have other
versions. Perhaps KDE:SC:45 or KDE:Release:45?

a.a) Open-PC repo

Since at some point we will no longer need KDE:SC:45, but I assume Open-PC
will need to still have it for the livecycle of the product, I suggest that
Open-PC creates a second repo under their namespace that is a symlink (Adrian
can do this) to KDE:SC:45. When we EOL KDE:SC:45, we can replace the symlink
with its contents and Open-PC users see no interruption.

b) How to implement it

Fixed link revs with osc setlinkrev seem to be the obvious solution but there
is a bug with this - when the linked-to repo submits to its upstream
(openSUSE:Factory) and is synced back to o:F, the existing links break. I
need to check this out with Adrian; Lubos has shown me how to reproduce this.

In the meantime linking everything to KDF and disabling build/publish once
there is a known good build should be sufficient

c) Update frequency/policy

This is a question for the maintainers. Options:

*) On KDE bugfix release (4.5.1 etc) This seems safe but remember that the
Akonadi PIM port is still planned to be released with 4.5, even if this is
being pushed back. I am not sure that a major change to the PIM stack as an
update is what Open-PC users want
*) Arbitrary updates as decided by maintainers. This would allow 'good
builds' to go out as updates without surprises like Akonadi PIM.

Will

--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Team