Re: [opensuse-kde] How to make a valid kde crash report?
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 09:48:19 +0200
Torsdag den 19. august 2010 09:11:54 skrev Alvise Cavallari:
Under precise circumstances, konqueror/webkit crashes systematically under
both KDE SC4.4 and 4.5. I filed a bug, and would like to attach a crash
report. After following the indications on the relevant opensuse and kde
webpages, I installed the required debug packages.

However, the KDE crash handler continues to tell me that the crash reports
are unuseful, and that "The packages containing debug information for the
following application and libraries are missing: /usr/bin/kdeinit4,
/usr/lib/libQtWebKit.so.4"

Which debug packages might be missing (libQtWebKit4-debuginfo and
kdelibs4-debuginfo are installed)? Anyone can give me hints for making a
valid crash report?

kdebase4-debuginfo and kwebkitpart-debuginfo might be needed. Just a guess
though, not a debug expert.