Re: KMyMoney4 package - was: Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE SC 4.5.0 released, upgrade instructions
  • From: Stephan Kleine <bitdealer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 01:34:09 +0200
On Wednesday August 18 2010 00:24:12 Nico Kruber wrote:
On Tuesday 17 August 2010 23:19:02 Will Stephenson wrote:
On Friday 13 August 2010 07:54:32 Nico Kruber wrote:
On Friday 13 August 2010 03:23:55 Stephan Kleine wrote:
On Friday August 13 2010 00:47:02 Ilya Chernykh wrote:
How do I become a maintainer then / who can add me?

What's your account name and what packages do you want to maintain?

Please simply maintain it currently by filing submit requests. See
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Collaboration for how to do
that. Once you proofed you know what your are doing we are more than
happy to add you as maintainer for the packages you are interested
in.

ok - fine with me

Hi Nico

Stephan Kleine (bitshuffler) has also made a KMyMoney4 package today - I
guess he didn't read this thread. Can you have a look at SR 45731 (osc
show -d 45731) since you are experienced in building KMyMoney4 and see if
there are any improvements which your package and Stephan's can share
when it is submitted to KDE:Distro:Factory? He is using the aqbanking
and gwenhywar packages from Gnome:Apps IIUC.

that message came just about 2 hours too late as I was re-organising my
projects in order to integrate kmymoney4 with the latest stable aqbanking
and gwenhywfar libraries and just finished.

btw: seems I was wrong when I said that the new kmymoney didn't work with
the old aqbanking and gwenhywfar packages... haven't done functional tests
yet though

the osc command you gave me didn't work though (osc 0.128: unknown command:
'show') but I had a look into his
home:bitshuffler:branches:KDE:Distro:Factory repository
- as far as I can see, he based his package on the old kmymoney package -

I added the old .changes file, the spec was written from scratch since it made
more sense IMHO.

FWIW, the command is "osc rq show 45731"

the kmymoney4 package that was in KDE:Community however splits off some of
its libraries (don't know the preferred method here)

IMHO splitting out those libs makes no sense since they aren't "public" as in
don't get used by other stuff.

- his packaging style is however "cleaner" although some of the
BuildRequires could receive version information

Thanks. I avoided hard coding any version information since it creates less
work on the long run. Feel free to suggest what you don't like.

- we should also decide on the package's name - kmymoney4 or kmymoney (the
old kmymoney in KDE:KDE3 needs to be renamed to kde3-kmymoney anyway)

IMHO the name should be plain kmymoney since that is the name of the project
and I doubt anyone would install the KDE 3 & 4 one in parallel and KDE 3 is
legacy. Also I just had it with those version perfixes. If you think the name
should be different then the KDE 3 version should be renamed to kmymoney3.

I'd suggest to mix both packages but functionally both build the kbanking
plugin for online banking (as said above though, I haven't tested either
yet)

I didn't test online banking either but according to the log it builds just
fine and uses the stuff so it _should_ work.

regards,
Stephan