Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE Factory warning
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 16:13:56 +0200
2010/7/22 Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>:
On Monday 12 of July 2010, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
2010/7/12 Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>:
On Saturday 10 of July 2010, Markus Slopianka wrote:
What are the stumbling blocks to create /45 now?

 - somebody doing the work

As said I want it for myself. So I could do the work, meaning:

 This topic will be discussed at today's IRC meeting
(http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:KDE_Meetings).

Sorry. No way I will be able to be there today. :-(

- I would stop maintaining it the day K:D:F starts providing KDE 4.6.0
final.
- I'm interested in keep it for openSUSE *11.3*. Older versions and
SLE... I would fix problems in them when I were really bored. So *if it's

 Hmm, that's not much of a commitment. If that's all you and everybody else
would do, it would mean a repo working for a month for one version, in which
case it might be better to keep it under somebody's home: rather
than "official" under KDE: .

I thouht 3 months/versions. Looking at in in more detail... K:D:F will
move to KDE 4.6 at November 24, 2010, with Beta 1 release?
So the latest version of KDE 4.5.x at K:D:F will be 4.5.3 from first
days of November? An KDE:45 repo would mean 4.5.4 at first days of
december and 4.5.5 at first days of january 2011? (with KDE 4.6
released January 26, 2011).
Well, this looking at KDE 4.4.x. But if "there is not more than one
release during the beta cycle of the next minor version" then there
will be no 4.5.5.

So one, perhaps two, versions for two months?

I don't have a problem it being in a home (Dirk's?) repo. The only
thing that worried me about this was that multiple home:XXX:KDE45
repositories could be created. But if everything is done in *one*
specific home repo I have no major problems.

- Some independent apps have new releases from time to time. These are
now links from K:D:F... sometimes they break and I create a local
patch (no need to pollute K:D:F packages because of this).

 If the repository contains KDE SC 4.x , then only the SC should be there IMO.
Independent apps can come from KDE:Extra.

I was thinking about Amarok and K3B, packages that are already in
K:D:F. But, since what users of a KDE:45 repo want is the latest
stable release, these probably shoud come from KDE:UpdatedApps.