[opensuse-kde] Re: [opensuse-kernel] Remote logging Kernel on a laptop
  • From: Johannes Obermayr <johannesobermayr@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 18:41:43 +0200
On Monday 14 June 2010 07:41:26 you wrote:
On 06/13/2010 05:30 PM, Johannes Obermayr wrote:
Hi,

Because Kernel 2.6.34 crashes on my laptop while booting I want to do
remote logging the boot process until the system crashes.

Available ports:

Crashing system (laptop with openSUSE):
- USB
- LPT
- Bootloader: GRUB

Remote systems (desktops with openSUSE):
- USB
- LPT
- Serial

Available cable:
- USB/Serial (also possible connecting an adaptor Serial to LPT)

Can you please say to me how I have to connect the cable (which port/plug
to use on which system) and which commands I have to use on each system.
(I know that the USB plug doesn't fit to the LPT port ;-) )

How far along in the boot process is it crashing? It may be that kdump
is your best bet.

Because I haven't received an useful hint I can only provide an image:

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3038/dscn7736.jpg

Johannes