Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE repo structure proposal
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 16:13:14 +0200
Tirsdag den 18. maj 2010 14:17:02 skrev Raymond Wooninck:
On Tuesday 18 May 2010 11:46:21 Dirk Müller wrote:
When it started, it was supposed to be the Factory packages with latest
upstream snapshots. Meanwhile, since Raymond is doing the work almost
exclusively without my intervention or help, he redefined the purpose of
KKUD to be independent from Factory packaging, just have the latest
upstream development available (plus additional packages that he
considers fitting into the repo).

I am still trying to keep the Factory structure (meaning spec-files and
patches) as much as possible. As you already indicated it would be good to
have already the learning for the next KDE release in the KKUD, so that
with minor efforts the packages could be transferred to KKFD.

Based on some requests from the community I have tried to have the full KDE
functionality available by adding optional packages to the Build
Requirements. Also it seems that KDE trunk is getting more and more
additional required packages (e.g. grantlee library to build kjots, etc).

I agree with you to take the :Distribution part out of the name.

But then how about replacing "Distribution" with something else. Like "Base"
or "Core" or "Main" or whatever. So that we can keep the repos with the basic
stuff (stable, factory, unstable) grouped together _and_ separated from the
add-on repos (extra, playground, backports).