Re: [opensuse-kde] RPMLINT errors in packages and conventions
  • From: Stephan Kleine <bitdealer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 21:39:00 +0200
On Sunday May 2 2010 00:07:54 Johannes Obermayr wrote:
Hi,

I tried several times submit requests for my gluon package to
KDE:KDE4:Playground. It was every time declined because of some (really)
harmless errors (it works and that is the main goal!).

Last #39260:

"Reviewed - please fix : gluon-creator.x86_64: W:
shlib-policy-missing-suffix libgluon.x86_64: W:
shlib-policy-missing-suffix Your package containing shared libraries does
not end in a digit and should probably be split. libgluon.x86_64: W:
shlib-policy-nonversioned-dir /usr/lib64/gluon Your shared library package
contains non-versioned directories. Those will not allow to install
multiple versions of the package in parallel."
<SNIP />

FWIW, I asked the gluon folks and "those are plugins for the engine library.
they are pretty much the "glue" that connects some parts of the system."

However, I asked them to add a version to the directory or suffix to the libs
and they said they would look into it but "the only problem is that the
current code will try to load all plugins in that directory".

So basically it isn't possible to simply patch in atm without any knowledge
about the code but upstream knows about it and tries to change it. Therefore,
if no one disagrees, I would like to move it into :Playground for the time
being.

regards,
Stephan