Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE_VERSION_STRING in kdelibs4, is the release number *really* needed?
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:04:41 +0200
2010/4/22 Dirk Müller <dmueller@xxxxxxx>:
On Wednesday 21 April 2010, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:

If when I arrive home nobody has done it I will create a new SR. There
is something like a "_releaseversion" variable in projects config or
should I use %_project and a custom list?

for detecting if it is a "maintenance" version of kdelibs4? not really, at
least I'm not aware of it.

So the options are:
- Remove the sed only for %_project "KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop",
"KDE:KDE4:STABLE:Desktop" and "KDE:KDE4:UNSTABLE:Desktop"
- Add the sed only for %_project "openSUSE:*" and "SUSE:*" (wrong
things as "openSUSE:Tools" would match)
- Remove the sed if a special variable defined in KDE:* projects in
defined (in case the same thing needs to be done for other KDE
packages)
- ...?

the kernel-source spec files strip away the rebuild counter. I think this
would
globally solve the issue as well.

I didn't found the strip in the kernel-source spec. But removing the
rebuild counter we solve the problem when a rebuild is triggered
because of a change in a third library. But it could still happen that
somebody changes the kdelibs4 spec file without causing any effect in
the generated binaries. If you remove the rebuild counter you remove
the problem for rebuilds. But to remove the problem for new releases
the full release number needs to be removed from KDE_VERSION_STRING.