Re: Fwd: Re: [opensuse-kde] Thunderbird - KDE integration
  • From: Hans de Faber <hans.defaber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 21:13:18 +0100

On 24/12/09 17:25, Roman Bysh wrote:
Please don't use the coolsolutions and start up scripts are NOT
required. AND, prefs are NOT supported anymore in TB3.

Open konsole or xterm and type in the following:

gconftool-2 -s --type=string /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http/command
"/usr/bin/firefox \"%s\""

*NOTE:*

Don't forget to press the *ENTER *key after the end of each line.

gconftool-2 -s --type=string /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/https/command
"/usr/bin/firefox \"%s\""

Close konsole or xterm and restart Thunderbird 3.

Good Luck!

After some days back in town again, reading my thread on this forum.
None of the solution works on my fresh installed OpenSuse 11.2 KDE system.
The 2 files of Basil contain also the 2 above mentioned lines which fail
on my system.

jjm1:/home/hans # gconftool-2 -s --type=string
/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http/command "/usr/bin/firefox \"%s\""
Error setting value: Failed to contact configuration server; some
possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit,
or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details — 1: Failed
to get connection to session: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes
include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus
security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the
network connection was broken.)

Is there a way to fix this ?

It looks that I need to install the gconf2-branding-opensuse package
which adds also a big part of the gnome desktop.
Because I have a KDE desktop I don't like the installation of a 70MB
part of the gnome desktop . To me it looks as the end of my clean
install. Am I correct?

Ciao, Hans