Re: Fwd: Re: [opensuse-kde] Thunderbird - KDE integration
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 00:20:59 -0500

I have tried sending HTML messages to openSUSE fora - and they get rejected.

That is a "Good Thing"(!TM).

All my messages are written to be sent in HTML format - EXCEPT those
destined for specific sites which do not accept HTML, which include
openSUSE.

TB does not deliberately format to down-size messages but displays what
is received. All messages from openSUSE come in as plain text and
word-wrapped at 72-chars.

Hummm, your first sentence above is 76 chars after removing the quote
indicators :^)

However, I have seen some messages coming in from people which are NOT
word-wrapped at 72-chars. Why this is so I cannot say, nor care really
because I can read them as TB simply displays them across the
wide-screen monitor which I have.

This message I am writing is being written in wide-screen format (24"
wide) but I bet that you see it word-wrapped at 72-chars :-) .

I am certain that your 24 inch wide screen has something to do with
that, possibly even causing your 72 char wrap to fail. Believe what
you wish.

this message hand chiseled in marble with lines broken at 72 chars
washed with rocket fuel.