Re: [opensuse-kde] opensuse 11.2: KDE3 repository, kmail
  • From: "Hans-Peter Jansen" <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 17:19:18 +0100
On Wednesday 09 December 2009, 12:09:16 Rüdiger Meier wrote:

2. Using "osc build" on a local machine it asks me for root password
after downloading all build requirements. Is this just needed for
doing "chroot"? Is it possible to build without being root somehow?

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Tutorial#Build_your_package_locally

3. Is there a simple command to build an osc checkout against my local
installation without using a chroot dir?

No simple command, but you may be able to build a matching RRM build
environment around this dir with mkdir and symlinks, or copy it over
to /usr/src/packages/{SOURCES,SPECS} and build there. But all these methods
aren't fully deterministic dependency wise, hence these methods are
strongly deprecated for generating rpms targeted to other systems (as long
as they're not exact clones of your's).

Cheers,
Pete