Re: [opensuse-kde] opensuse 11.2: KDE3 repository, kmail
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:48:45 +0100
On Wednesday 09 December 2009 12:09:16 Rüdiger Meier wrote:
So I've made my first steps with opensuse build service but have some
dumb questions.

1. Using the web interface I created a link to kdepim3 of KDE:KDE3 and
triggered a rebuild for openSUSE_11.[0-2]. The build for openSUSE_11.0
failed:
/usr/src/packages/BUILD/kdepim-3.5.10/kaddressbook/thumbnailcreator/ldifvca
rdcreator.cpp:88: error: 'class KABC::VCardConverter' has no member
named 'parseVCardsRaw'

I'm not curious about that specific error, just wonder why
KDE:KDE3/kdepim3 compiles but my link does not?

This is because the repository you registered in your project for
openSUSE_11.0 is the vanilla released openSUSE 11.0, so your kdepim3 is
building against 11.0's kdepim3 and not the kdepim3 from KDE:KDE3, which adds
the method parseVCardsRaw.

Remove (at least) the openSUSE_11.0 repo from your project and add
KDE:KDE3/openSUSE_11.0 instead so you build your link against the KDE it
originates from.

2. Using "osc build" on a local machine it asks me for root password
after downloading all build requirements. Is this just needed for
doing "chroot"? Is it possible to build without being root somehow?

I don't know, you could check with opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx if this
is at all possible with osc build, but I doubt it since the ability to have
multiple build roots is a central feature of osc.

3. Is there a simple command to build an osc checkout against my local
installation without using a chroot dir?

You could use plain old rpmbuild if your local installation offers all the
prerequisites for your kdepim3 build.

HTH

Will
--