Re: [opensuse-kde] OpenSUSE 11.2 KDE4.4beta1: konqueror opens hundreds of windows
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 08:49:08 +0100
On Wednesday 09 December 2009 00:41:54 Xiong Jiang wrote:
I just install OpenSUSE 11.2 and upgraded the KDE 4.4beta1. When I
click on Kmenu/Computer/Home,root, konqueror opens hundreds of windows
immediately. I have to go to console and 'killall -9 konqueror,
killall -9 kio_file' to stop it. I am wondering what could be wrong?
Or I missed anything when do the upgrading? My upgrading is done
manually as this is the first time I run SuSE...

Hi

That's a strange problem. A rickroll without the Rick. Two things you could
try

1) Make another user and see if the same behaviour occurs (the new user will
have a clean ~/.kde4 directory).

2) Check that dolphin is installed - on a clean install dolphin should be the
configured file manager, so it surprises me that Konqueror opens.

Will

--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Team