Re: [opensuse-kde] KMyMoney kmm_kbanking plugin
  • From: Nico Kruber <Nico.Laus.2001@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 09:52:56 +0100
On Wednesday 02 December 2009 10:30:08 Will Stephenson wrote:
On Tuesday 01 December 2009 22:50:14 Nico Kruber wrote:
finally subscribed to the mailing list ;)

@Will: hope my message got to you, but I never received any reply...
The most important question I had there is what the main tasks are when
being a maintainer of a package in KDE.Community, other than providing
the (newest) version as rpms...

Nico

PS: I'm currently changing my packages' layout in order to prepare for
submission to KDE:Community if you're still interested

Hi Nico

I'm afraid your message didn't reach me until now.

Maintaining a package in Community is much the same as anywhere else but
you have direct access to the package instead of going via submitrequest.

* Be a quality packager, fix problems in your packages reported by rpmlint
* Keep your packages up to date
** Monitor upstream for security problems or critical bug fixes
** Write good .changes entries
* Respond to bug reports concerning your packages
* Communicate if you are no longer able to maintain a package, don't just
disappear

That's not too heavy, is it?

sounds fair ;)
should I send submitrequests with my new packages?
I basically need all packages inside home:NicoK:banking - some words about
them:
- kmymoney (some changes including added static libraries which the
kmm_kbanking plugin needs in order to compile - submitrequest 25679 covers
that, but this goes to KDE:Backports and I just saw that your repositories are
not using this - how do you handle this? I suppose linking the package would
be a solution...)
- libraries including aqbanking, gwenhywfar and ktoblzcheck - I've taken some
of them from openSUSE:Factory, updated them and adapted the package (partly
merged with the packages from packman). I could try pushing the updates
upstream though and just use linked packages which is probably a good idea...
- libchipcard4 linked from security:chipcard
- qbankmanager - a lighweight aqbanking gui taken from packman packages

Nico