Re: [opensuse-kde] Pulse Audio for KDE for 11.2
  • From: Malte Gell <malte.gell@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 22:30:20 +0200
Hello,

Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote

(...)
I took the decision to deinstall it as that I was facing the problem that
with PA active, kmix starts with the sound muted. Removing PA solved that
issue completely :)

Muted channels is an ALSA issue, whereas PA is a sound server and does not
touch ALSA settings at all.

To be on the safe way, save your ALSA channel settings: make the settings with
kmix according to your needs, then save them with this command:

/usr/sbin/alsactl -f ~/.my-sound-settings store

and with the following command you can load these settings at any time again
if needed or lost:

/usr/sbin/alsactl -f ~/.my-sound-settings restore

You can put this command in a little shell script e.g. in ~/.kde4/Autostart/
so your settings would be loaded each time you login to KDE :-)

Malte