Re: [opensuse-kde] Incorrect Time Display- KDE 4.3 RC3
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 09:55:34 +0200
On Tuesday 28 July 2009 08:58:56 Anshul Jain wrote:
I updated my system this morning with the latest updates for KDE 4.3
RC3. I noticed that the date/time is completely messed up. The
timezones selector in the KDE Control Panel does not show my local
time (Kolkata/IST, +5.30 hrs). I was able to restore the right time
through having my sysadmin hack his way down to /etc/localtime .
However, the Analog & Digital time display applets do not display the
correct time. They're almost 5 1/2 hours behind the right time.

I've checked through Yast, hwclock, date commands and also KDE Control
Center...all of them display the right time. Can someone help?

Is your system clock set to local time perhaps? In this case, the KDE clock
has to be set to show the system time without modifying it.

The easiest way to get everything right is to set the system clock to UTC, and
configure KDE with the correct time zone.

Anders