Re: [opensuse-kde] Installing Opensuse over another distro
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 01:02:41 +0200
Tirsdag den 28. april 2009 00:09:43 skrev Ralph DeWitt:
I have decided to install opensuse over my current Linux distribution. I
would like to maintain most my applications current setting but would like
to have the full opensuse desktop. My problem is that I do not know what
files to move aside or a better method to install opensuse and get up and
running quickly. Can some one help with this problem?

All your user settings are in hidden files and folders in your home folder.

Either back up your entire home folder, or cherrypick the important stuff.