Re: [opensuse-kde] Re: KDE 4.2 stable repo and KDE live CD respin
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 11:02:53 -0500
On Friday 03 April 2009 03:40:29 am Martin Schlander wrote:

1) when 11.2/4.3 comes around the need for running newer-than-officially-
included KDE should diminish greatly - especially for the
non-technical/non- enthusiast set of users.

2) If we refrain from changing the repo structure all the time, over time
(most/more) people will learn to understand how it works.

Sure.
I quitted to decipher what stable-unstable-factory means some time ago.
I'm not every day on the topic and when I need it I have to wade trough mails
to find announcements, or look in the repository.

Everybody, here on the lists and upstream, refer to KDE version and new user
looking for information will most probably get advice to look for 4.2 instead
of stable, released etc. For openSUSE there is even more reasons to use
version number.

BTW, small readme, included in root of repo tree, with repo description would
be very helpful, at least to experienced users.

--
Regards, Rajko