Re: [opensuse-kde] Clicking on links in Kmail
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 08:53:45 -0800

Upon closure examination, it seems that your mail client (you're
not specific about which one that is, but I gather it's KMail,
since you're posting to the KDE list) is the one specifying the
cached copy.

Sorry. KMail 1.11 running under KDE 4.2

KDE 4.2? That was released just a couple of days ago. Are you running a
final version? And did you build it yourself? I'm sure the number of
build-time configuration options is enormous.

... Do you see the original URL as it appears in the message or do
you see the file: URL for the cached copy?

I see the original URL as it appears in the message, not the cached
copy.

Have you looked for any KMail options that might relate to this? Or
any KDE-wide options that might?

I've certainly looked for KMail options before posting here, without
finding anything.

Are you running KMail alone, or part of the KDE PIM suite? I've not done
the latter, but that may alter the way it behaves.

I shall widen my search into KDE itself, but
haven't found anything yet in 'Personal Settings Configure Desktop'.
Should I be digging into some conf file, do you think.

One would hope all such options are accessible in the GUI, but I
wouldn't really assume that.

Also, you might look for cache clearing / reset commands.

Thanks,

Bob

Randall Schulz