Re: [opensuse-kde] Clicking on links in Kmail
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 08:25:46 -0800
On Wednesday February 11 2009, Bob Williams wrote:
When I click on a link in an e-mail or mailing list message, such as

My default browser (Firefox) starts up and loads a cached copy of the
page, rather than the online page itself. So the example given above,
results in me looking at

<file:///home/bob/.kde4/cache-barrowhillfarm/krun/6996.0.smart-questions.html>

Upon closure examination, it seems that your mail client (you're not
specific about which one that is, but I gather it's KMail, since you're
posting to the KDE list) is the one specifying the cached copy.

I use KMail 1.9.10 under KDE 3.5.10 and when I mouse over a "linkified"
URL in a message, I see the URL in the lower-left-hand corner of the
main window. When you do that, what URL do you see? Do you see the
original URL as it appears in the message or do you see the file: URL
for the cached copy?

Have you looked for any KMail options that might relate to this? Or any
KDE-wide options that might?

Bob

Randall Schulz