Re: [opensuse-kde] kde-4.2 stable
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:03:20 +0100
Onsdag 04 februar 2009 10:15:02 skrev Mathias Homann:
Am Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2009 schrieb Marc Benstein:
If you want a stable environment stick to STABLE.

then why does the KDE team claim that KDE 4.2 is stable?

By "KDE team" do you mean kde.org or the openSUSE KDE team?

What kde.org considers stable is if you grab the _source code_ from kde.org
and compile your own vanilla KDE.

What openSUSE considers a little bit risky are the untested, under active
development, unsupported _packages_ provided on the OBS - which is an
excellent service that not all distros provide, I might add.

You guys seem to think that KDE is as simple as a text editor or tuxpaint or
something to package or that openSUSE doesn't do any work, other than
redistributing binaries released by kde.org - that's not how it works this is
free software, and it's a complete desktop environment we're talking about,
packaging, polishing, testing, patching, integrating, theming something as big
as KDE is a huge job.