Re: [opensuse-kde] one login, two totally different KDE desktops, how?
  • From: David Herman <mesamoo115@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 00:57:01 -0800
On Thursday 25 December 2008, David Herman wrote:
replying to my own post
------------snip--------------

in kde4 yoiu could achieve the same effect very simply using
folder views, (only 1 wallpaper though

Ok I think I was wrong about this part, (guess I was wishing that
plasmoids would provide a function that might be useful to me) as
far as I can tell plasmoids appear on all desktops so folder view
won't do (at least not yet.)

Alternately you can wait until kde4 releases its
implementation, called something like tasks or
functionalities or workspaces (can't remember right now)

I think the term I was looking for is "Activities" I believe this
will be implemented something like folderview but really have not
paid that much attention.

Exactly, this is what Gnome has, it is called "workspaces" if I
remember correctly. I found discussions from 2003 at
kde-forums.org, it is sad that within 5 years they have not
implemented this, I'm surely not the only one who likes to have
such a feature.

hopi holidays
--
dh