[opensuse-kde] kde4 KNetworkManager does not connect to eth0
  • From: Günter Dannoritzer <dannoritzer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:26:40 +0100
Hi,

I am running openSUSE 11.0 x86_64 with KDE4 from the Factory repository.
So I have KDE4:Factory:Desktop and KDE4:Factory-Extra-Apps repository
added to my repository list.

Under Yast I have the network set to use a network manager instead of
the traditional ifup method.

Every time I log in to the computer and KDE comes up, the
KNetworkManager does not connect to the default network settings. I have
two IP addresses configured in the connection list, but only one is
checked with "Autoconnect".

I did already move the ~/.kde4 folder and restarted KDE from fresh, but
that did not make a change. Even after setting up the connection again
it did not automatically connect to the network.

Anyone can give me some help how to fix this?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Guenter