Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE 4.1.2 task bar problem
  • From: David Herman <mesamoo115@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 17:26:27 -0700
On Tuesday 21 October 2008, russbucket wrote:
openSUSE 11.0 KDE 4.1.2 latest updates. Panasonic 19" monitor set
at 1024 X

Yesterday my task bar suddenly wrapped around where 1/2 of it was
on top and halh on bottom of the screen. By playing with the
panel sizing I can get whole panel on bottom but the panel height
is approx 1 1/2" high any smaller and it wraps around again. I
think it was an update yesterday but I don't know which one.

I check everything in KDE system setting and I don't see anything
that changes it back to how it was.

Anyone had this problem or know a cure?
--
Russ
Linux register user 441463

I think aaron may have blogged about this today, a problem w code
that snuck into trunk or some such.

See if the problem remains after the next update you do, it should
be fixed now

----------------QUOTING Aarons Blog--------------------------

If you updated your Plasma in the last 24-48 hours and got a
HUUUUUUUUGE panel that painted at the top of your screen .... know
that you were not alone. =) There was a small accident, as
sometimes happens in the dev branch, leading to the battery widget
growing a little .. uhm .. large and dragging other widgets in the
panel with it as it did so.

You may have also noticed our fun new taskbar, complete with it's
own cute ways of crashing.

see ya
--
dh