[opensuse-kde] Buildservice repository restructuring
  • From: Dirk Mueller <dmueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 16:33:42 +0200

Hi,

We've brainstormed a bit on how to change the buildservice repositories now
that 11.0 is (almost) done. The idea what we came up with, after having seen
how the "buildservice and autobuild" integration is going to work, is:

- KDE:KDE4:STABLE:Desktop/Extra-Apps/Community containing the state of KDE
of the last released product (openSUSE 11.0, KDE 4.0.4) plus online updates
plus planned online updates (e.g. stuff that will be done in a collective
online update). Accepts bugreports, but will only be change in a way that it
allows online updates (e.g. no unconditional KDE 4.0.5 code drop in there)

- KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop/Extra-Apps/Community containing the state of KDE
of the currently developed product (openSUSE 11.1, KDE 4.1), but not only
available for openSUSE:Factory, but also for older distro bases as pain
permits (most likely 10.2 or newer at the moment). Might change as our plans
progress (e.g weekly KDE snapshot code drops).

- KDE:KDE4:UNSTABLE:Desktop/Extra-Apps/Community containing the state
of KDE of the next developed product (openSUSE 11.2, KDE 4.1 at the moment,
but might switch over to KDE 4.2 later this year). It will be updated and kept
building as time permits, but otherwise not maintained (no bugreports unless
they're mustfixes)

Comments, opionions, suggestions greatly appreciated.

Greetings,
Dirk