[opensuse-kde] Tabbed browsing in Konqueror
  • From: Bob Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 10:36:41 +0100
My preference is to have one instance of Konqueror in web browser mode,
and open all links in tabs in that one instance. I'm not talking about
Konqueror in file manager mode, here.

I thought the following would achieve what I want, but it doesn't :(

Settings:
Configure Konqueror:
Web Behaviour:
Tabbed Browsing:

Select: 'Open links in new tab instead of in new window'

Advanced Options:

Select: 'Open as tab in existing Konqueror when URL is called externally'

When I click on a link in Kmail or Knode a new instance of Konqueror gets
fired up with a single tab containing the URL I clicked on, even if there
is another instance of Konqueror already running in web browsing mode.

What am I missing?
--
Bob
Registered Linux User #463880