Re: [opensuse-kde] KOrganiser Reminder Daemon
  • From: Alvin <alvinbeach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 05:52:44 -0300
On Tuesday 11 March 2008 16:01:48 K. Elo wrote:
Hi,

Oddball wrote (11.3.2008):
This about one of the oldest bugs around.
One of the reasons i am glad to be of KDE3.
Every starup the damn thing wrestles its way into the systray,
and every time i have to shut it down manualy... ;)
I am curious, if there will be reactions on it.

A simple workaround: create a script in ~/.kde/Autostart, which kills
the korgac after KDE is up and running.

--- cut here ---
#!/bin/bash
#
# Kill korgac daemon
#
#
# Wait 2 mins. to be sure that all processes are up und running
sleep 2m

i=0
while true
do
ps -e | grep korgac &> /dev/null
if [[ $? == 0 ]]
then
kill $(ps -e | awk '/korgac/ { print $1 }') 2> /dev/null
break
fi
i=i+1
if [[ i == 100 ]]
then
# We don't want to create an infite loop
# -> quit after 500 seconds
# (Only if korgac is not started [and killed])
break
fi
sleep 5
done
--- cut here ---

Thanks, that's a good script. However, for me korgac doesn't start till I
start Kontact. In this situation I would need to create a wrapper around
Kontact that would kill korgac once Kontact was up and running.

I was hoping that there would be some way to configure Kontact from not
starting korgac at all?

When I go to Quit korgac (right-click->Quit) I'm prompted for confirmation but
not prompted if I want korgac to start up next time.

Alvin