Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE4.x feedback
  • From: Stephan Binner <stbinner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:43:16 +0100
On Wednesday, 12. March 2008 16:54:03 Martin Schlander wrote:

Let me repeat some stuff said on IRC yesterday for everyone...

Near fatal missing feature:
* No kpf. Maybe I can use a real ftp-server to replace it, but... :-(

Kepas includes a fully ported kpf.

* networkmonitor (knemo, knetload) maybe knm stats can do

kcpuload and knetload are not Kicker applets but system tray icons and should
continue to work just fine on a KDE4 desktop.

* adding extra panels
* moving launcer icons/plasmoids around in panel
* intuitive two click access to kmenuedit

Those already work in trunk or exist as patches - we 'just' have to manage to
backport them resp. add the patches to our KDE 4.0 packages.

* sysinfo:/

Install the kde4-kio_sysinfo package

My findings after very briefly using kdepim4.1on4.0:

Thanks for testing, be sure to keep the Bugzillas up-to-date :-)...

Bye,
Steve