Re: [opensuse-kde] kmail question
  • From: Constantinos Maltezos <pandarsson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 02:33:37 -0600
On Tuesday 04 March 2008 2:13:35 Constantinos Maltezos wrote:
What you need to do is set up your local mail accounts in kmail. And
unless you've set one up already, you first need to install and set up your
mail server, since Kubuntu doesn't do that by default as far as I can tell.
But after it's set up, you'll have local email addresses like
user@localhost or user@(whatever you named your computer on the network).
The default is localhost. You set them up - both pop and smtp - in both
your account and your wife's, and you'll be able to easily send to each
other despite sharing your other email address.

I looked at the available mail servers in adept, and it looks like the big
one is called courier. I don't know anything about it, but I'm going to
look it up. Possibly you'll be okay with something less comprehensive, so
I'll look into that, as well. However, I'm still not sure Kubuntu doesn't
install one anyway (although sending one to what would be my local address
and then checking it in alpine doesn't do anything).

So I'll get back to you on that. I want to set one up for myself, anyway.