Re: [opensuse-kde] kmail question
  • From: Constantinos Maltezos <pandarsson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 02:13:35 -0600
On Monday 03 March 2008 11:02:56 Bob S wrote:
Hello SuSE-KDE people,

I would like to forward some emails to another user within kmail. Is it
possible?

My wife and I are separate users on SuSE 10.3. We share an email address.
When I receive a mail trhat she should get or that we should share the
info, I would like to forward it her kmail on her separate user space.

I know that I could probably do it with postfix or whatever but would like
to keep life simple and just use kmail.

Bob S

What you need to do is set up your local mail accounts in kmail. And unless
you've set one up already, you first need to install and set up your mail
server, since Kubuntu doesn't do that by default as far as I can tell. But
after it's set up, you'll have local email addresses like user@localhost or
user@(whatever you named your computer on the network). The default is
localhost. You set them up - both pop and smtp - in both your account and
your wife's, and you'll be able to easily send to each other despite sharing
your other email address.

I looked at the available mail servers in adept, and it looks like the big one
is called courier. I don't know anything about it, but I'm going to look it
up. Possibly you'll be okay with something less comprehensive, so I'll look
into that, as well. However, I'm still not sure Kubuntu doesn't install one
anyway (although sending one to what would be my local address and then
checking it in alpine doesn't do anything).

So I'll get back to you on that. I want to set one up for myself, anyway.