Re: [opensuse-kde] Every KDE4 update, performance gets worse...
  • From: "M9." <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:15:18 +0100

Will Stephenson schreef:
On Wednesday 31 October 2007, M9. said:
I am using the beta4 Kde4, but every beta gets worse for me.
This is how the desktop looks now.
Is this intentional?

FWIW, we usually use the word "performance" in relation to the speed of a
piece of software.

Me personaly like to use this 'beautifull' word in a more 'broad'
context, not only speed.
More like 'act' the 'performance'....but no offense..

And I don't want to deny your experience, but you are probably perceiving
bugs because you're spending more time using KDE4, which is rapidly getting
usable and fixing bugs. Just keep watching, and you will see as we head into
the RC phase that the number of bugs you perceive will seem to flatten out
and then reduce, but remember, this is a "dot zero" release and will have
rough edges and missing features compared to KDE 3.5.8.

Oh, don't misinterpret me: I loved it from the start...
The speed is tremendous, how fast the apps start, realy 'cool'..
The flash-movies are razorsharp, and move very smooth...
Probably it is me, breaking the desktop, by testing it..
(i hope not..)

- --

Have a nice day,

M9. Now, is the only time that exists.