[opensuse-kde] Kmail deletes Mail from Mailserver and don't download them!!!
  • From: "alexander.beck-ratzka" <alexander.beck-ratzka@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:40:44 +0100
Hi folks,

I've a strange problem using Kmail 1.9.1 distributed with SuSE 10.1 (Open
SuSE). Sometimes, not always, if I try to download Emails from my
pop3-Server, the Emails are deleted on the server side by my kmail client,
and don't downlaod the Emails.

I could check this via a webmail interface which enables access to my mailbox
at the server. Before downloading the Emails, the my servers mailbox is full
of emails, after I try to dowmlaod them, my servers mailbox is empty, and
kmail says only: "no new mails available"

This "feature" is really not fine. Right now I am not able to find something
like a reason for this error. For me it only occurs, and I can't see under
which condition it occurs... My first assumption was, it has something to do
with kwallet, so I switchted it off. Afterwards the error doesn't occur as
often as before, but it still occurs.

Has anyone any idea what might be the reason, and I how I can get rid of this
problem? This is really an error, which can lead to another mail client tool,
e.g. as mutt...

Cheers

Alexander