Multiple Concurrent KDE Logins On A Single Home Directory?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:19:20 -0700
Hi,

I recently tried a FreeNX login as a potential fallback while I sort out
a problem with a KVM switch with a poor implementation of its USB hub.
NX seems to work quite well, at least over a 100 megabit LAN and it
seems like a good solution (and a lot cheaper than a four-port DVI /
USB KVM!).

However, as soon as I logged in, it occurred to me that I was already
logged in directly to the same account on the target host. I quickly
logged out of the NX session and have seen no evidence of any
configuration file corruption from that brief login.

But now I'm curious whether there is a problem either in principle or in
practice with having two (or more) concurrent KDE logins to a single
account / home directory.

If anyone has experience with or knowlege of this situation, I'd
appreciate hearing it.

Randall Schulz