Re: [suse-kde] Multiple Concurrent KDE Logins On A Single Home Directory?
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:41:06 +0200
On Thursday 19 October 2006 14:39, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> For my scenario, that wouldn't happen, since I run KMail on only one
> machine.

You could end up trying to run it twice if login 2 restores the same session
currently running/restored in login 1. The safety check catches this case
though.

> > Also configuration file corruption is one thing, but you would
> > definitely notice that if instance 2 quits after instance 1, any
> > config changes made by instance 1 would be lost.
>
> I guess the answer, if I want to make this a regular thing, is to simply
> avoid the multiple concurrent KDE logins thing.

'Avoid' is a bit strong here. It's more of a case of gotchas than risks.

A tip is to set KDEHOME, KDEVARTMP and KDETMP differently depending on
DISPLAY, that way you can access your files, have a separate KDE config for
the smaller NX display and avoid all the gotchas.

Will
--
Will Stephenson