Re: [suse-kde] Splash screen for 10.1
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 12:33:13 +0100

> That splash-screen was never changed before so there is no loss. In fact
> you can disable it in kcontrol and use the genuine KDE-splash, if you do
> not like the incorrect version-number.
>
> I agree that it would be nice to have a fitting splash, but this is really
> the least important bit of KDE and not worth any kind of argument about
> Novell having a bad influence on SuSE, come on, it's just a splash-screen.

It's nothing to do with whether I dislike or like the splash - it's just not
correct, if you show a version number it should show the correct version - it
just shows a lack of thought - just like the planning of the ZMD
integration. - Hey, lets put a Gnome app into the KDE environment and
completely disregard our concerns for HIG - it lacks professionalism.

Am I expecting too much?

< Previous Next >