Re: [suse-kde] koffice have strange dependency
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:55:58 -0500
On Friday 03 March 2006 03:52, Pavel Nemec wrote:
> I tried to install koffice-illustration.rpm but i of course need
> koffice.rpm. Then i realized then because of i will
> need koffice-database.rpm too.
> And then some mysql client and.......
> So why i need install database and mysql-client in order to install
> illustration?
> Pavel

You can actually "force" the installation of the one program, but I'm
guessing you won't get a good working install from that. KOffice is a
complete Office Suite of programs. SuSE separates the parts for their
own purposes, because if you were to download from KDE, as an example,
you would get one rpm/file with everything contained in it.

I suggest you install all the KOffice rpms SuSE provides for the best
overall working environment. All of the programs contained in KOffice
Suite are interconnected in some to work together.