Re: [suse-kde] koffice have strange dependency
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:55:58 -0500
On Friday 03 March 2006 03:52, Pavel Nemec wrote:
> I tried to install koffice-illustration.rpm but i of course need
> koffice.rpm. Then i realized then because of libkexicore.so.0 i will
> need koffice-database.rpm too.
> And then some mysql client and.......
>
> So why i need install database and mysql-client in order to install
> illustration?
>
> Pavel
==========

You can actually "force" the installation of the one program, but I'm
guessing you won't get a good working install from that. KOffice is a
complete Office Suite of programs. SuSE separates the parts for their
own purposes, because if you were to download from KDE, as an example,
you would get one rpm/file with everything contained in it.

I suggest you install all the KOffice rpms SuSE provides for the best
overall working environment. All of the programs contained in KOffice
Suite are interconnected in some to work together.

regards,
Lee