Re: [suse-kde] kmail change ??
  • From: Bob S <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 01:22:45 -0500
On Wednesday 11 January 2006 05:36, René Falk wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2006 08:32 schrieb Bob S:
> > Now there is no "New message to Mailing List" The old "Reply to
> > Mailing List" is still functional. Is it just me? Am I missing
> > something? Or have they broken a great function in kmail ?
>
> It´s still there and works fine. Config your kmail-Toolbar (Not the
> kontact-Toolbar), it´s there.
>
> bye

Thanks all, for replying.

Rene, I don't normally use the toolbar, just the menus above it. Anyway, I put
it on the toolbar and it works fine. That didn't add it to the "Message" menu
but it did bring back Control+Shift+n though. Just wish they wouldn't
"improve" things that don't need improving.

Roger wrote"
> I don't have KMail setup on my SuSE box, but, I did check it there and it
> appears to work the same as my Ubuntu box. If you click folder/mailing
> list management, you can setup that the folder holds a mailing list. That
> also seems to activate the ctrl+shift+N. It also activates right clicking
> on the folder and having an option to send new mail to mailing-list. I'm
> running KMail 1.9.1 on KDE 3.5.0 on Ubuntu and Kmail 1.9.1 on 3.5.0 level
> "a" on SuSE.

Thanks for that, forgot how to do it.

I see they have taken "Edit Message" out of the menu also. The only way to
edit a message that I can see, is to right click on the message. Maybe it is
a bug. Think I will report it if I can find my way there.

Bob S.