Re: [suse-kde] KDE and shutdown script
  • From: Catimimi <catimimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 22:32:15 +0200
Sami A. Hassanein a écrit :

Hi

I am running SUSE 9.3 on a notebook.

I want to run a user script when KDE goes down - where do I have to place such scripts?

I heard that you can put any shutdown scripts into the directory ~/.kde/shutdown but nothing happens.

I realized that the environment variable KDEDIRS is not set.

Does anybody know how I can run a script if KDE goes down?

--
Thanks for any help.
Sami

Hi,

I'd the same problem and wazs not able to find the solution !
So I decided to modify ksmserver (in kdebase) in order to run a script when
KDE goes down. It is very simple, but I've to recompile at every release of KDE.

My preoccupation was too avoid to shutdown KDE when vmware is running.
I solved both problems at the same time.

Ready to share my modifications.

Michel.