Re: [suse-kde] NX, reuse session
  • From: Alvin Beach <abeach@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 07:05:53 -0300
On April 8, 2005 03:08 am, Sami A. Hassanein wrote:
> On Friday 08 April 2005 01:32, Michael Riess wrote:
> > i tried to get it managed on my system, but wasnt succesfull
> > but the FreeNX 0.3.1 Release says somathing about fixed problems with
> > suspended sessions
> >
> > anyone else succeded with this?
>
> I could not find V1.4 of FreeNX, where can I get it?
> I installed successfully the free client from !M.
> But if I start nxclient I get the following:
>
> # nxclient
> Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
> Error: Can't open display: :0
>
> How can I fix that?

This error happens when the user doesn't have the credentials to run X in
another user's X session.

To get around this, use the *sux* command instead of *su*. *sux* is the same
as *su* with the exception that it gives the new (switched) user the proper X
credentials.

--
Please reply to the list only.