Re: [suse-kde] konqueror problem en suse 9.3
  • From: Jorge Luis Arzola <arzolacub@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 14:54:34 +0200
El Domingo, 1 de Mayo de 2005 06:43, C. Richard Matson escribió:
> On Saturday April 30 2005 4:50 pm, NSK wrote:
> > On Saturday 30 April 2005 00:07, Jorge Luis Arzola wrote:
> > > I am having trouble here(suse 9.3/kde 3.4) navigating with konqueror.
> >
> > I have the same problem, images not loading etc... I don't know what's
> > wrong.
>
> I do to, earlier the was a thread about DNS being the problem, I tried both
> solutions offered and no joy on two different computers. It's a flaw in
> super nice release. Rich

HEY, JUST UPDATE WITH "YOU" AND THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED.
SUSE HAS PLACED JUST TODAY A KDELIBS PATCH FOR IT.
aNOTHER WAY TO SOLVE IT(WITHOUT THE PATCH, WHICH DOES'T MAKE MUCH SENSE) IS TO
DISABLE nscd:

open yast > system > run level editor(not sure what's it's name in englesh--I
use Spanish locales) and tern nscd off

then you can log out and in kde sessions and konqueror will load imeges as
well as he always has done.

Bot the patch has been placed on line just today, so no need for this.
BTW, today is Sunday, which means suse's boys work even on weekends.

regards

jorge