Re: [suse-kde] KDE3.4/KMail/Filters in toolbar problem
  • From: Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 20:18:43 +0100
On Saturday 19 March 2005 19:16, Stephen Boddy wrote:
> On Saturday 19 March 2005 05:34, Leendert Meyer wrote:
> > On Saturday 19 March 2005 06:09, Stephen Boddy wrote:
> > > In my 3.3.x setup I had a couple of custom filters set up for when
> > > messages were incorrectly marked by bogofilter. Basically I could
> > > select the messages, and click on one of the toolbar icons (Spam/Ham).
> > > This would run the appropriate filter, which would educate bogofilter,
> > > mark it as Spam/Ham, and move it into the correct folder (Spam/inbox).
> > >
> > > Today I upgraded to KDE 3.4, and the toolbar buttons had disappeared.
> >
> > Yes, I know, happens to me with each new KDE version. And it is annoying.
> > Very annoying indeed. I noticed that the clock in kicker suffered from
> > the same problem: disappearing customizations. Personally I think this is
> > unacceptable, and I really hope this will change in KDE-4.0.
> >
> > > When I try to add them KMail crashes,
> >
> > Hmm, this is odd... Could be just a bad configuration file, or a bad line
> > in a configuration file...
> >
> > > taking KOrganizer with it.
> >
> > Uhm, do you run KMail in Kontact or stand-alone?
>
> Gah! Too tired! I meant Kontact all along.

Ah! :)

> > > I can restart it, and it starts OK, but moving to other components
> > > tends to crash the lot again.
> >
> > Moving *what* from *where* to *where* crashes *what*?
> >
> > Please be specific (4 times specific). Maybe give an example?
>
> See below.
>
> > > By changing the toolbar without moving to any other
> > > screen I can remove the problem buttons.
> >
> > Why would you move to another screen? What screen? Do you have 2 monitors
> > connected to your pc? Do you mean moving from one monitor to the other?
>
> No. Semantic disconnect occurring. I meant moving from the blue intro page
> to any of Kontacts components such as KOrganiser, Journal, To Do's etc.
>
> > (I'm just trying to understand what you're doing)
>
> OK,
>
> 1. Start Kontact
> 2. The filters (Spam and Not_Spam) already exist and work if run manually
> on a message.

Where do they exist? I do not have them in Settings -> Configure Filters.

> 3. Buttons for filters that were there in pre 3.4 are no longer there.

Yes. Because of a change in config format, KDE 'forgets' user toolbar
configuration, and you have to do that again. Affects not only KMail, but
even kicker's clock.

> 4. Select "Settings -> Configure Toolbars..."
> 5. Change to "Main Toolbar <kmmainwin>"
> 6. Drag "Filter Spam" from "Available actions" to "Current actions"

I do not have that Filter, so I tried with 'Filter Log Viewer' FWIW.

> 7. Click "OK" and Kontact crashes with SIGSEGV see attached backtrace1.txt

Not here.

> 8. Starting Kontact again results in another crash with backtrace2.txt

Not here.

> N.B. Before I could start Kontact and it would start up and I could change
> the toolbar config while it displayed the blue intro screen. Now it looks
> like it is trying to display the KMail part immediately, and as a result
> crashes before I can change anything.
>
> 9. Removed the line "<Action name="Filter_Spam" />" from
> "~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/kmmainwin.rc"

I suppose then the filter with that name is gone too? Or only the button on
the toolbar?

> 10. Kontact starts up fine.

Your recipe was crystal clear, but I could not reproduce the crashes.

Cheers,

Leen