Re: [suse-kde] KDE 3.4 files 9.2
  • From: René Falk <falcon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:21:13 +0100
On Thursday, March 17th 2005 15:05 BandiPat wrote:

> ****************
> Ok, what you are experiencing is different than what I did that one
> time. Sounds like something is amiss indeed, but I, like you,
> would have cleared out the /tmp directory first. That's probably
> not a bad idea anyway for a big update of this nature. Keep us
> posted on what you find.

Hi,

now after some days without access to my e-mail account after a big
mistake of my Provider (He had to learn, that is no good idea to give
important work to an irish server administrator on the evening of St.
Patrick´s Day ) I´ m posting the solution for my log in problem.

After some different ideas without a positv result, I decided to
rename the /.kde folder and that´s it.
Like the try and error method I tested one file after the other from
the old renamed /.kde folder and found out that the
file /.kde/share/config/kgpgrc from KDE3.3 was the reason for all the
trouble. Kgpg was configurated to start up with KDE for the normal
user and so I got a freezed KDE every time the normal user started
KDE.

Well, the log in problem is solved but now, gpg don´t work right.
Encryption works fine but decryption doesn´ t at all. Kgpg told my
that the gpg-agent is not running but that in the gpg-config the
entry was made for it.

bye

René

< Previous Next >