start new session and get kdm login screen
  • From: Mario Streiber <mario.streiber@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:43:29 +0200
Hi all,

I want to be able to start a second X session out of my current
session. I know this question has been raised several times, and
the start itself is not my problem. I have multiple entries in the
Xservers files, and the second session comes up. No problem.

But I am already logged in as the user under which I started the
session.

What I want is to start the new session as root (e.g. via some SUID
program), and want the kdm login screen to appear so that I can
choose which user and session type I want to start the session
under. And I want to be able to do this out of any session type I
am currently running (kde, gnome, xfce...)

Any idea how to achieve that?

Thanks in advance
Mario