XFREE86: Missing In 3.3.2 Update
  • From: Robert Williams <robhwill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:04:50 -0800 (PST)
Hi All! Maybe someone can help me. I recently updated
to the 3.3.2 supllementary fork at ftp.suse.com.
Everything seems to be running fine so far, but when I
opened the control to look at my video settings I got
this error message in YasT:
"To access the X11 system, the XFree86 package must
be installed. Do you want to install it now?"

?? Huh ?? If XFree86 is not a part of (current)
running filesys, then is Xorg supporting all graphics
independently? I'm using a Viewsonic P225fb (22") w/
ATI Radeon 7500 and getting edge-to-edge display at
1600X1200---no problem; rock steady.

How to deal with this? Re-install from 9.1 Pro DVD,
Then maybe YOU update to newer security & other
XFree86 patches or.....? Any suggestions or someone
who had same problem??

TIA --- robert

=====
Have A Healthy, Prosperous Day!!