Re: [suse-kde] KDM login bounces back to login screen
  • From: Josephine <Josephine_k@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 00:19:32 +0200
Chris Rauschuber wrote:

Hi,

Whenever I try to login with one user(others work fine), I see the
same thing I usually do when I login, but then it goes back to the
login screen before it shows the KDE initialization splash. I can't
find anything in dmesg, /var/log/messages that tells me what is wrong.
I saw AUDIT: Wed Oct 6 22:06:03 2004: 4263 X: client 24 rejected from local host
Auth name: XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1 ID: -1

in /var/log/kdm.log, so I tried deleting the .Xauthority file, but
that didn't help either.

Where else can I look to figure out what's going wrong?

Thanks,
Chris

Either you check the xfree logs (in /var/log) either init 3 and then startx and when the server will crash you'll see the errors in console with (EE) in front.

Josephine