Re: [suse-kde] Umlautproblem mit Konsole
  • From: Jens Strohschnitter <suse-linux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:17:05 +0200

> > seitdem ich meinen Rechner in der Firma von SuSE 7.3 auf SuSE 9.1
> > umgestellt habe, habe ich das Problem dass ich die Umlaute bei
> > einer Remoteverbindung auf unsere SuSE 7.2 Server nicht richtig
> > dargestellt bekomme.
>
> See SuSE Support Database:
> "Symptom: Special characters in files or file names are not properly
> displayed. Cause: As of SUSE LINUX version 9.1, the default system
> character set is 'lang_LANG.UTF-8'."
>
> http://portal.suse.com/sdb/de/2004/05/jbartsh_utf-8.html
> http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/05/jbartsh_utf-8.html

Hi,

I have changed as written in the sdb the UTF-Support to NO, but
nothing happens. I searched the internet and the sdb but nothing
works for me. The filenames that were not correctly displayed are
created by Windows over Samba (2.2.8a). What can I do else to fix
this problem ? Hope you can help me :)

--
Regards,

Jens Strohschnitter