Re: [suse-kde] openoffice problem with kde3.3
  • From: Bill Wisse <wiswp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:43:06 -1100
On Thursday 26 August 2004 12:23, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Friday 27 August 2004 01:16, Fred Miller wrote:
> > THANKS, Anders!! All went well except running kdesu....failed. I logged
> > onto KDE as root, and setup myself as user to use red-carpet. Now, it
> > comes up with a LOT of KDE files for update........are these indeed
> > updates of what I have installed, or just all of the KDE files that are
> > available? I didn't dare tell it to install anything until I'm sure of
> > what I'm doing with it.
>
> On the "updates" tab you see packages you have installed where there are
> updates available
>
> On the "available" tab you see packages you don't have installed, but which
> are available for installation
>
> on the "installed" tab you see packages you have installed
>
> on the "history" tab you see what you have done in the past, and when you
> did it

Thank you very much for all this information. ( I never used this program
before).
I upgraded/installed several packages which went well, until I wanted to
upgrade Amarok.
That didn't work because of dependency problems with Kdepim3
I tried to uninstall Kdepim3 ( because I never use it) but that wasn't
possible.
So not all dependency problems are taking care of , or did I make a mistake
somewhere?

--
Greetings from
/bill at 169 west , 19 south.