Re: [suse-kde] Upgrading to 3.2.3 with YaST
  • From: Robert Maier <Robert.Maier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 23:19:07 +0200
Franky,

Maybe I did not understand correctly what you are trying to do but it seems to
me you try to do a system update in order to upgrade KDE. For upgrading the
KDE packages you just need to have that directory as an installation source,
enabled and above the default one and just go into 'Install and Remove
Software', you'll notice that the KDE packages are now blue, since yast found
newer versions available. Just click 'Next' and the packages should be
upgraded. Restart KDE and voila.

Cheers,
Robert.

On Saturday 12 June 2004 23:13, Franky Goethals wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I've tried to update also with automatic update, but the tool always seems
> to want to go to the following directory :
>
> ftp://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/ftp.suse.com/suse/i386/supplementary/KDE/Update_
>for_9.1/yast-source/i386/update/9.1/patches/directory.3
>
> instead of :
> ftp://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/ftp.suse.com/suse/i386/supplementary/KDE/Update_
>for_9.1/yast-source
>
> Where do i need to change this ?
>
> Thanks in adavance,
>
> Franky.
>
> On Saturday 12 June 2004 21:01, John Quentin Heywood wrote:
> > I've seen the rpms to update KDE 3.2.2 for SuSE 9.1 to KDE 3.2.3, but I
> > was wondering if there is a way to do it using YaST's System Update tool,
> > like I did to upgrade to 3.2.2. I have
> > the /pub/suse/i386/supplementary/KDE/Update_for_9.1/yast-source from one
> > of the mirrors set up as an installation source, but System Update can't
> > seem to find anything new to install. Any ideas?

Robert Maier
Kasteelpark Arenberg 10 / ____/___ / ___//_ _// ____/
3001 Heverlee / / / __ \ \__ \ / / / /
Fax: +32-16-32.19.69