Re: [suse-kde] Upgrading to 3.2.3 with YaST
  • From: "Mathias Homann" <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:43:05 +0200 (CEST)
C. Richard Matson sagte:
> On Tue June 15 2004 9:46 pm, John Quentin Heywood wrote:
>> On Saturday 12 June 2004 17:19, Robert Maier wrote:
>> Thanks...your advice did the trick. My mistake was in using "System Update" instead of
"Install or Remove Software". I had the installation source from the mirror pointed
correctly at
>> "/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/KDE/update_for_9.1/yast-source". Once I used Install or
Remove, then selected Package Groups-->all, then right-clicked in the rpms pane, selected
"All in This List" and "Update if newer version available." Clicked on Accept and it
worked like a charm.
>> Thanks again.
>
> Hello,
> I had to add / after yast-source to get it to work. However, if I check on about KDE it
still shows that I have KDE3.2.1 installed. Yast shows that 3.2.3 is installed. Is this
normal or is something wrong? Thanks, Rich --
> C. Richard Matson

I've done it this way:
1.) mirror
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/suse/i386/supplementary/KDE/update_for_9.1/
somewhere on my fileserver, add the mirror as an installation source

2.) mirror ftp://packman.iu-bremen.de/suse/9.1 somewhere on fileserver, add mirror as
installation source

3.) copy winerack cd to fileserver, update source descriptions according to
http://portal.suse.com/sdb/de/2004/02/yast_instsrc.html, add as installation source

(4. build an installation source from all the rpm packages you made yourself, add as inst
source in yast)

then, all you need to do is start yast, go to "software", select "upgrade system" and enjoy
kde 3.2.3 + all the addons from packman etc.
of course, every time your mirror mails you about new files, you gotta refresh the install
sources in yast accordingly.

bye,
[MH]

< Previous Next >