Re: [suse-kde] Kdelibs3-3.2.-0-27 conflict problem
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:05:58 -0800
* Timur (blackdir@xxxxxxxxx) [040302 00:42]:

>--- Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> The answer is that rpm's installed via YOU are patch
>> rpm's and most
>> likely don't have the conflicting file in them that
>> they fat rpm that
>> you can ftp down or get via apt have. So that's why
>> YOU users aren't
>> seeing the issues that those who just upgrade via
>> the full rpm are
>> seeing. It's simply that the kdelib3 full rpm is
>> broken because it
>> contains the same file as the kdebase3 pkg that
>> wasn't upgraded. It's
>> simply a screw up from the pkg maintainer.
>>

>is there a way we can notify this issue to the
>mantainer so that he prepare a new (-28) version which
>is working? How can I find out who is the rpm
>maintainer?

The person who made the RPM is adrian@xxxxxxxx

You can email him and explain that kdelibs3 conflicts with kdebase3 in
the current packages that are posted on the ftp site. He should be aware
of this by now but since the supplementry directory is "unsupported"
he's a bit slow sometimes to fix these issues.

You can always findout who has had their hands on a pkg by executing
this...

rpm -qa --changelog <foo.rpm>

foo being the name of the pkg.

--